Saturday, December 31, 2005

Lighter on My Feet.

Up until recently I was a pretty bad yo-yo dieter. I would lose 15 to 30 pounds during the spring and summer only to put it back on between October and New Years. A few years back I put on the weight but have since not taken it back off. So I have been randomly fluctuating between 205 and 215. I used to be big on running and sports, now I still play sports but get winded or my knees hurt during or afterward. I can't help but think the knee problems are due to the weight. OK maybe it was all that long distance running in my youth, but taking weight off it will help.

Soooo.... I am making a resolution. I will get back down to 180 lbs by the end of May. I am mentioning it here because this is one of the best ways to reinforce the goal. By making it public, you have others around you to encourage you along and help instead of hinder. Plus there is the motive of saving face. This time it will be through regular controlled eating habits and exercise and not the Atkins diet like a couple previous times. I will cut down on snack and replace them with healthier ones like apples and oranges. No more extra portions and I plan to bring my lunch to work instead of having the piled high Libenese special downstairs. I feel confident that the weight will stay off because of fewer pressures to eat in this society. And heck, I want to look thin like most people here.

There you have it. Wish me luck and see you on the other side.

1 comment:

Martine said...

I have a similar goal, to reach before my 40th birthday in May. Let's do it! :-)